The Son Bauló Hotel is a three-star hotel located on the seafront and bordering a nature reserve. Since the beginning of its activity, the hotel has been firmly committed to the environment.
With a functional and organic architecture, they emphasize the spaciousness of the common areas and their sea views.
The hotel has 251 rooms equipped with a full bathroom, telephone, satellite TV, air conditioning in summer and winter, plus all the services required by a hotel of its category.
It offers a buffet serviced restaurant and two snack bars, one by the pool, and another one that serves the lounges and the terraces overlooking the beach. In its lounges you can find a games room, a reading room, two TV rooms and a corner to connect to the Internet. It has an outdoor pool for adults and another one for toddlers.
Aware of the importance of the natural environment for the hotel industry of the Balearic Islands, and for citizens in general, the Hotel Son Bauló in all the improvements carried out gives priority to the environmental variable. In 1994, the hotel was already awarded, among all its hotels worldwide, with a “World Award” by Thomson Holidays, in recognition of the initiatives taken to preserve the environment.
Since 2003, the hotel has followed a documented environmental improvement program, taking advantage of the Ecotur program, in order to reduce or eliminate any environmental impact and thus contribute to the preservation and improvement of our natural environment.
And since 2015 we work with Travelife, an organization dedicated to make tourism and tourism companies more sustainable, to improve our social and environmental impacts.
One of the objectives of HOTEL SON BAULÓ is to make compatible the protection of the environment with the development of its activities and services. This entails defining our environmental policy that aims to improve its relationship with the environment, for this reason, HOTEL SON BAULÓ defines this environmental policy, the action guidelines of which are:
FULFILL: the requirements established by the legislation on environmental protection.
EVALUATE: the repercussions on the environment of activities and services, both current and future, in order to prevent pollution from its origin.
UPDATE: this policy and the environmental management program, as well as the rest of the elements of its environmental management system, in accordance with the results obtained in the periodic evaluations.
PROMOTE: among all employees and all customers of HOTEL SON BAULÓ the sense of responsibility in relation to the environment.
ADOPT: the necessary measures to prevent accidental releases of substances abroad, in collaboration with public authorities, actions that must be carried out to minimize the impact of accidents that affect the environment and that, despite the measures of protection provided, may occur.
PROVIDE: clients the appropriate indications on the environmental aspects in relation to the use and enjoyment of activities, products and services.
PUT: available to the public the necessary information to understand the repercussions of their activities on the environment and maintain an open dialogue with public opinion.
HOW WE REDUCE, MINIMISE AND MANAGE OUR IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT
Our hotel follows an environmental plan, among other actions:
– We consume organic products whenever is possible.
– We avoid useless packaging, such as individual portions.
– We use ecological soap in rooms.
– We use low consumption lights.
– We do not have lights on the balconies (by law), since we are next to a nature reserve.
– We do not have music or performances on our terraces near the nature reserve.
– We recycle all our waste, especially oils, glass and papers.
– We use solar energy for lights and showers on terraces.
– We only use plastic bottles on terraces or near the pool (to avoid broken glass)
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
– Please use our litter bins with waste separation.
– Can you imagine the amount of towels that are washed daily on the island and the detergent necessary for it? If you think you can use your towels once more, fold them and leave them on the towel rack.
– Turn off the air conditioner when leaving the room and do not use it if it is not necessary.
– Turn off the lights when you leave the room.
– Minimize noise, especially when visiting the Nature Reserve.
– Do not leave rubbish on the beach or in the water, be especially careful with cigarette butts and plastics.
– Avoid, whenever you can, the use of plastic bags and bottles. The majority of plastic are for a single use: plastic bags, food containers, bottles …1.5 million plastic bottles are discarded every day in the Balearic Islands. The plastic remains in the environment for generations contaminating the soil, groundwater, rivers and seas.
COMMITMENT TO OUR EMPLOYEES AND RESPECT FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
– We we mahe our staff, customers and suppliers aware of the importance of small initiatives to get great results.
– We guarantee a dignified, fair and equal treatment, encouraging professional development. We have an anti-discrimination policy to promote equality between men and women; and overcome social prejudices.
– We have an inter-institutional protocol for the detection, prevention and care of sexist violence.
– We consider people as our main value since the service depends fully on the direct relationship between the client and the human team.
– We apply maximum rigor policy in health and safety to protect customers and employees.
– We prioritize on-the-job training and internal promotion through professional training, safety, hygiene, health and sustainability.
– Our team is characterized by its loyalty to the company.
– WE Promote Human Rights and, in particular, the Children Rights. We have and comply with a “in case of abuse protocol”
– We reject and condemn the exploitation of human beings, in any of its forms, especially sexual and in particular when it affects minors.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR LOCAL COMMUNITY AND PROTECT OUR LOCAL TRADITIONS
– We respect, and promote the local culture and the local environment.
– We belong to the local community associations and groups and we collaborate with local social entities: Hotel Federation of Mallorca, Hotel Association of Can Picafort, Association of Neighbors of Son Bauló, Association of Women of Can Picafort, Association against Cancer of C’an Picafort, Association for aid to Drug Addiction, Lifeguards of beaches of Ca’n Picafort. Doctors Without Borders, Children’s Villages, Help in Action, Unicef, Worldlifefund, Help children with AIDS in Mallorca. And we carry out specific actions with: Ca’n Picafort Third Age Association, Local School, Social dining room, Local festivities.
– We collaborate in cleaning tasks of the Torrent of Son Bauló and the coastal area of Son Real.
– We collaborate with the local Veterinarian.
– We prioritize the acquisition of local products, especially in food, to reinforce the economic and social development of the community, provided that quality, price and health and safety criteria are guaranteed.
– Prioritize the hiring of local personnel.
Customer satisfaction is one of our top priorities. To achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction, quality management is based on the following objectives and commitments:
• Establish close and permanent contact with customers to be able to anticipate their needs and address them.
• Objectively measure the level of our customers satisfaction as a basis to make continuous improvements in our product and our service.
• Promote participative management and teamwork, promoting the training and learning of the workforce.
• We seek to differentiate ourselves by the service that our employees transmit.
• Guarantee the quality of the product and the service, maintaining the profit margins that allow us to continue growing and creating wealth.
• Comply with the legal requirements, the applicable regulations and with the commitments subscribed by the Company.
• Improve the efficiency of the management processes continuously.
Our policy has been communicated to all our team and is available to the public, customers and our collaborators.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
We are committed to compliance with the following principles:
• Evaluate the risks in order to eliminate or reduce them in the workplace.
• Provide and guarantee a safe and healthy environment, maintaining workplaces, in adequate conditions from the point of view of the safety and health of customers and employees, in order to eliminate or minimize accidents and diseases.
• Provide Information and Training to our employees on the performance, responsibilities and obligations related to safety and health derived from the performance of their tasks.
• Consult and cooperate effectively with the competent authorities and our workers’ representatives, in the promotion and development of measures to preserve the safety and health at work of our employees and customers.
• Evaluate and revise this policy, checking the effectiveness of the programs and actions undertaken to achieve continuous improvement and maintain safe working conditions. Our policy has been communicated to all our team and is available to the public, customers and our collaborators.